Step inside a world of murder, revenge, and true grit in a dramatic history of Victorian Gastown. Stories of deadly fire and smallpox emerge from the shadows as you venture through cobblestone streets to the shocking finale in this unique performance-theatre experience. Follow the lamplight of your guide as you discover the Great Fire, smallpox outbreaks, and the unsolved murder of John Bray.
• Local guide
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
All guests will be picked up.
The walking tour ends in Maple Tree Square, Gastown, in the heart of Vancouver's restaurant and bar scene. The start point is just an easy 10 minute walk back, and the guide can provide a map and directions if needed.
• Wheelchair accessible
• Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
• Service animals allowed
• Public transportation options are available nearby
• Transportation options are wheelchair accessible
• All areas and surfaces are wheelchair accessible
• Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Our tours are designed for adult audiences and do contain some references to adult themes. Our age recommendation is 14+ but certainly children aged 10+ can attend and enjoy our walking tours if parents are comfortable with their children hearing mature subject matter.
• Social distancing enforced throughout experience
• Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
• Please note: We will be contact tracing using email addresses or provided phone number. Contact information will not be used for marketing purposes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.